2017 was a year of many changes. First of all, I got married to a beautiful girl and I couldn't be happier for this. We started living in an apartment and now we are living in a house, even our dog has now a house made of cardboard. In my job I was promoted to a Technical Leader, and I also started moving toward back end development. Actually, I think I am now a kind of a generalist, working from databases, to back end, web, mobile, and even DevOps. Functional Programming has been an excelent learning experience during 2017, and in 2018 I would love to start and develop some projects (profesionally and personally) using Haskell, Scala or Erlang. I didn't move forward enough with my PhD thesis, but now I have a fair-enough roadmap for my research (more of this in a future post).
Having said that, I want to share with you some of my 2018 goals:
- Publish one blog post once per week.
- Read a research paper at least once a week.
- Run at least 12 experiments with Mieke (more of this in a future post) by the end of 2018.
- Release at least two versions of Olinki (more of this in a future post) by the end of 2018.
- Practice my German at least one hour per week
- Learn the basis of Mandarin Chinese (one hour per week)
- Run at least 520 Km at the end of 2018
Wish me luck!